My name is Laura Lockhart
I have worked as an occupational therapist, psychotherapist and clinical supervisor in the NHS and also in private practice. I originally trained as an occupational therapist and have worked in a variety of mental health settings. I completed my CBT training at the Cognitive Therapy Centre in Newcastle in 2000 and my EMDR training in 2002.
I have extensive experience helping people work with their emotional difficulties such as depression and anxiety problems.
I receive regular clinical supervision and ensure that I continually develop my practice and skills by keeping up to date with developments in both CBT and EMDR.
I adhere to the standards and code of conduct of the BABCP including safeguarding and managing personal data and boundaries of confidentiality.
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Post graduate Diploma in Cognitive Therapy – University of Durham
- MSc Professional Health Studies - University of Leeds
- Post graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision – University of Derby.
- BABCP Practitioner Accreditation
- BABCP Clinical Supervisor Accreditation